Below are answers to the most commonly asked questions we receive regarding renting a property. If you have a question that isn’t answered below, please email email@example.com
1) What properties are available for rent?
Click here for a list of all our available homes, which are updated daily.
2) How do I schedule a showing?
Click on the red “Schedule a showing tab” to begin under the listing. All questions must be completed and minimum requirements met to be able to schedule a showing. Once scheduled, you will receive an email or text that must be confirmed, or it will cancel.
3) What are the available times to view a property?
Most of our properties have available showtimes during regular business hours Monday through Friday, and properties are available for Saturday showings between 10 AM-2 PM. Specific time slots for homes are available on individual property listing.
4) How many people can schedule in a specific slot?
Zoom and in-person showings with one of our team are completed on a one-to-one basis with a 20 to 30-minute time frame. Showings durations are scheduled in 20-minute increments with other showings often before and after, so please be on time and don’t be alarmed if you happen to meet another prospective applicant and feel free to say hello.
5) What information do I need to provide to rent a property?
To apply for any of our homes, all residents over the age of 18 will need to complete our Resident Rental Application. With your application, you will also need to provide: A copy of your Photo ID and income verification. There is a $49 application fee for each applicant.
6) Is a security deposit required and when is it due?
All leases require a Security deposit equivalent to at least one month’s rent, and this is due within 24 hours of the lease being signed.
7) When do I need to pay my first months or prorated rent?
Your first months or pro-rated rent is due before your lease start date and before receiving keys for the property.
8) What additional information do I need to provide before move-in?
Before your move-in, we will need a copy of your Renters Insurance (with a min liability of $250,000) and put BGE utilities into your name.
9) What are the minimum Rental Requirements for applicants?
Our minimum resident qualifications are as follows:
Have a minimum credit score of 600
Verifiable income showing collective income of at least three times the monthly rent. Voucher holders-verifiable income showing collective income of at least three times the tenant’s rent portion.
Have at least 12 months of verifiable rental or mortgage history on present and previous residences, showing a positive rental history without evictions, failure to pay rent records, improper notice to vacate records, breach of lease complaints, or lease violations
Pass a criminal background check
Have no accounts in collections
Have a valid Social Security number or Tax ID number
Be able to take possession of the property within 21 days of its available date
10) What if I don't meet one of the minimum requirements?
For certain properties and situations, if you don’t meet all of our minimum criteria, you may have the option to ask a Guarantor to co-sign on the lease. This person must meet all of the minimum requirements by themselves and submit a rental application along with all the leaseholders. They would be responsible for all terms of the lease.
11) How long is the lease period?
Most leases are for a minimum of one year term. Other lease terms may be available depending on the specific property.
12) Are pets allowed?
The majority of our properties consider pets on a case-by-case basis. Any specific pet restrictions will be highlighted on the listing. If the property allows pets, a minimum $500 refundable pet deposit is required. Unfortunately, we do not allow Pit Bull terrier breeds or mixes.
13) How much is the pet deposit?
A pet deposit is typically $500 per pet.
14) When is rent due?
All rent payments are due by the first day of every month and are considered later after that date.
15) How do I pay rent?
You can pay rent in the following ways:
– Online Payment through our online accounting system
– Bill Pay through your bank
– Check either via mail or delivered to the APS office
– Credit Card (convenience charge will apply)
– Cashiers check- must be delivered in person during normal business hours
16) What utilities am I responsible for?
Residents are responsible for all utilities unless otherwise indicated. BGE should be put in your name before taking occupancy to be effective on your lease start date. Water utility bills will stay in the owner’s name and sent to you electronically for payment directly.
17) Who is responsible for yard maintenance and gutter cleaning?
Unless otherwise indicated, residents are responsible for yard care, lawn maintenance, and gutter cleaning.
18) How do I submit a maintenance request?
Maintenance requests can be submitted via your online tenant portal and will be acknowledged by the following business day.
19) What do I do in case of an emergency?
Should an Emergency occur that poses a danger to you or further damage to the property, such as fire, burst water pipes, gas leak, etc., first contact emergency response services at 911, and then call the APS Emergency phone number 410 878 6539.
20) When will the security deposit be returned?
After the lease expires, security deposits are returned to the resident, with interest, per Maryland State law, less any deductions within 45 days of the lease end date.
21) Who is responsible for any HOA fees?
HOA fees are included in the monthly rent for the majority of our properties.
22) What territory does Annapolis Property Services cover?
We currently manage homes within a 15-mile radius of Annapolis, with our primary areas being Annapolis, Arnold, Cape St Claire, Severna Park, Riva, Odenton, and Edgewater.